Visiting Goose Creek Correctional Center
Directions to Goose Creek Correctional Center in Wasilla, Alaska
Goose Creek Correctional Center is a scenic 90 minute drive North of Anchorage or 45 minutes from Wasilla. From Anchorage the smoothest access to the facility is to travel east out of town on 6th Avenue, as you leave town this road will become the Glenn Highway. Stay on the main Highway, about 35 miles out of Anchorage it bends towards Wasilla, at this point the Glenn Highway ends and the Parks Highway begins. As you drive through Wasilla you will turn left at the fourth traffic light on the Parks Highway (Main Street intersection) as it leaves Wasilla this road becomes the Knik - Goose Bay Road. As you travel Southwest from Wasilla on Kink-Goose Bay Road at approximately 17.2 miles turn right onto Pt. Mackenzie Road.
Travel along Pt. Mackenzie Road until it ends at the T ( this is approx mile 7 Pt. Mac Road). Turn left at the T, from this point the facility is approximately 5 mile down the road at Mile 12 Pt. Mac Road on the left hand side. You will take the second entrance at Alsop Road. Driving time from Anchorage is approximately 90 minutes for morning trips, but may take longer for afternoon trips. In the winter it may even be longer.
After mile 8 Knik-Goose Bay Road (Chevron Station) there is no fuel or bathrooms.
The main number for GCCC is 907-864-8100.
|Monday - Friday|
|A, B, C, D & E†||M-T-W||
|F, G, J & H†||W-Th-F|
|K (PC mod)||T-Th||2100-2200|
|Weekends and Holidays|
|A, B, C, D & E†||Saturdays & Holidays||
|F, G, J & H†||Sundays & Holidays|
|K (PC mod)||Sundays & Holidays||2100-2200|
Segregation/SMU (all others)
Video visitation† only from 0900-2100 daily.
† First-come, first-served
While the Department of Corrections encourages visits with family and friends in the interest of rehabilitation, there is no constitutional right to visitation. It is expected that visitors will follow all rules governing visitation.
- Before you make the drive out to Goose Creek Correctional Center, we recommend:
- Call first if you are uncertain of the prisoner’s status, housing assignment, or location.
- Call first if uncertain you are approved for visitation.
- That you take the time to read the Department's Policy on visitation, 810.02. (http://www.correct.state.ak.us/pnp/pdf/810.02.pdf)
- That all visitation is first-come, first-served; reservations will not be taken.
- Prisoners must seek authorization for visitation. Requests from other sources will not be accepted.
- A violation of the visiting rules could subject the violator to a loss of access to the facility.
- Any attempts to introduce contraband will be reported to the Alaska State Troopers.
- Definition of Contraband AS 11.56.390
- Promoting Contraband First Degree AS 11.56.375
- Promoting Contraband Second Degree AS 11.56.380
- 2013 State Holiday Calendar
- 2014 State Holiday Calendar
- Mat-Su Borough web pages on Goose Creek Correctional Center
- Questions about the Inmate Telephone System & How to Set Up an Account
- Goose Creek Correctional Center Fact Sheet
- Wasilla Map for GCCC
- Goose Creek Correctional Center Groundbreaking Photo Album