Adult Probation/Parole Officer Introductory Letter
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Department of Corrections, Division of Probation/Parole, as an Adult Probation/Parole Officer. Our recruitment process begins with your application to an open position at Workplace Alaska. Here you will find field offices throughout the State of Alaska who are seeking qualified applicants like yourself.
As an applicant, the following is important for you to know:
- Honesty is critical, omissions or misrepresentations will disqualify an applicant from further consideration.
- Applicants chosen for an interview will have APSIN/NCIC/NLETS criminal reports completed before an interview is scheduled. Any convictions for crimes of domestic violence will immediately disqualify an application from consideration.
- During the interview phase, applicants must provide all required documentation as specified in the job posting.
- Applicants receiving a conditional job offer will be required to complete a comprehensive background packet*, medical examination, written and oral psychological examination.
- Continued employment is dependent upon successfully completing the Basic Probation/Parole Officer academy, issuance of a Probation/Parole Office Certificate by the Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC) and compliance with the standards of conduct and a one year probationary term. The Probation/Parole Officer academy is held within the first 12 months of initial appointment. Certification through APSC is required within the first 14 months of hire.
It sounds like a lot, but DON'T GET FRUSTRATED. We are here to help you succeed in earning a position with our agency. To proceed towards your career as a Probation/Parole Officer for the State of Alaska, Department of Corrections, please go to Workplace Alaska and review the current career opportunities available.
Department of Corrections
Applicants who have been precertified in the last three (3) years, under the previous recruitment process, will be required to complete a condensed version of the comprehensive background packet.