How to Apply
Vacancies can be viewed here.
Applications must be made either:
- online at http://workplace.alaska.gov, or
- a hard copy (paper) application at http://doa.alaska.gov/dop/workplace/howtoapply/
Locate a position on the Job Posting Board in which you are interested. Review the Recruitment Bulletin and determine if you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Complete an Applicant Profile online. This provides general demographic, education and experience information. This form needs to be completed only once and should be updated as needed.
- Complete the Application. Each application is only considered for the specific vacancy stated and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply to several vacancies. The application provides information about your skills, education, and experience. It must be submitted by 5:00 PM on the closing date of recruitment. Please ensure that any information that you provide is accurate, honest, and up-to-date.
NOTE: If you have successfully submitted your application, a confirmation page will appear, informing you of the position title/number, date and time your application was submitted. A confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not see a confirmation page, or if you do not receive a confirmation email after submitting your application, call the Workplace Alaska help desk to confirm your application was received successfully. Do make sure that you have the correct email address in your Applicant Profile, and that your spam filter will permit email from the 'alaska.gov' domain.
For questions regarding the hiring process or for further information, please call 907-465-5492 or 907-465-3346.
To apply using hard copy forms:
You can print out hard copy forms from the Employment Services page.
- Complete a hard copy Applicant Profile. You will need to submit a copy of your Applicant Profile for each position you apply for.
- Complete a hard copy Job Qualification Summary. Each Job Qualification Summary is specific to each vacancy. A Job Qualification Summary must accompany the Applicant Profile to be accepted.
The Division of Personnel must receive both of these forms by 5:00 PM on the closing date of recruitment. See Contact Information at the bottom of the Recruitment Bulletin for the address. DO NOT submit hard copy applications to the hiring manager; they are not responsible for submitting it to the Division of Personnel.
The State of Alaska complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodation, auxiliary aides or services, or alternative communication formats call 1-800-587-0430 or 465-4095 in Juneau or (907) 465-3412 (TTY) or contact the Division of Personnel. We are an equal opportunity employer and support workplace diversity.